Happy Friday! I am very much looking forward to this weekend. We had a rather busy previous weekend/week so hopefully the next few days will be a good time to slow down and catch up. This past week as felt so heavy and emotional… if that makes any sense. I am looking forward to what will hopefully be a chance to unwind this weekend. After our trip to the orchard last weekend I am very much in the fall spirit so I will be doing a bit of baking and fall recipe testing this weekend and I can’t wait to share a few recipes soon!Inspiration:
- Taking Action after Tragedy: I try to avoid discussing politics and other heavy subject matter on the blog because I want this to be a place that is light hearted and happy. I think we can all agree there is enough sadness and negativity in the world, I don’t want this site to be another source for that. But Jess wrote this wonderful post on taking action in times like this and how “thoughts and prayers” aren’t enough. I 100% agree with her. Give it a read, it is so important to understand that action is necessary.
- Emotional Labor: This post by Julia was SO relatable! All this time I couldn’t put into words how/why I was feeling frustrated with running the household, but this explains so much. Do you bear the load of emotional labor in your home?
- I pretty much want to fill my house with ALL of this fall décor! So simple and cozy!
Living Taylored Lately
- Living Taylored: The First Year
- 3 Ways to Style Hunter Boots
- Front Porch Décor
- Apple Picking
- Living Lately No. 22
- October Goals
- A Month of Meditation
- Sweater Weather: My Favorite Sweaters for the Season