Happy October! I hope you are enjoying the first few weeks of Fall. I always feel so motivated to tackle a to-do list when fall starts. Maybe I am still in the mind set of going back to school and prepping for the semester. Whatever the reason, I hope this motivation sticks around for years to come because I love using this change in season to really get things done and enjoy this wonderful time. Since this is my favorite time of year my goals are a little less significant for this month. I wanted to set a few fun goals that would really help me enjoy fall.
- Have a Fall Breakfast: I am already a huge fan of going all out for breakfast but during fall I love it even more. There are so many fun, fall themed recipes that I love to make like Pumpkin French Toast Bake, Apple Cinnamon Waffles, and Brown Butter Pumpkin Waffles. YUM!
- Take in the Fall Foliage: Whether it be around Omaha or searching for great foliage spots during our trip to Maine, I am so excited to admire the beautiful colors of fall as the leaves change.
- Try a New Fall Treat: There are so many great fall recipes out there, but I feel like I always stick to the same ones. This year I want to try making a new fall treat from scratch!
So how did Septembers goal go? It was a busy month but I tried my best to tackle them all.
- Major House Purge: I didn’t get as much done as I had hoped but I did organize quite a bit and freed up some storage space throughout the house. It always feels good to get reorganized at the start of a new season.
- Try 3 New Recipes: I was successful in trying new recipes this month and it was so much fun making them. We made Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Beet Chips, Chicken Pot Hand Pies, and Shepherd’s Hand Pies.
- Finish 2 Books: I really wish I could say I managed to do this. But I did not. Reading kind of fell to the side as this was a super busy month.