In honor of the new Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life that airs on Netflix Nov. 25th (only one week away!!) I am sharing a few photos from my trip to the real life Stars Hollow otherwise known as Washington Depot, CT.
I took a trip to Washington Depot with my mother-in-law at the end of October and I must say, Connecticut’s fall foliage was wonderful and the towns were all very charming.
We spent our trip exploring different towns near Washington Depot and took a day trip to New Haven to visit Yale and explore Connecticut’s coastline. Compared to the Midwest everything is so closely spaced together that we were able to see a large portion of the state from small towns to scenic drives and larger cities.
Each town had so many wonderful shops, cafes, and diners. It was so fun to explore the places that inspired Amy Sherman-Palladino to create Stars Hollow.
Since we spent most of our time exploring the small town side of Connecticut it was a nice change to see more of the city side in New Haven and of course see the coast.
Gilmore Girls aside, Connecticut was such a fun place to visit (especially during peak foliage season) and I am looking forward to visiting again in the future. If you get the chance to go I definitely recommend visiting in the fall and visiting a few of these places:
- Winvian Farms: If you aren’t able to actually stay here I would definitely suggest going for lunch or dinner! The property is very charming and unique and the dinner that we had was fantastic!
- Scenic Trails: Connecticut has several scenic highway drives and these are a MUST in the fall. I could have spent the entire trip solely leaf peeping and admiring the beautiful foliage.
- New Preston: There were so many fun shops in New Preston including a picturesque candy shop. Definitely worth an afternoon trip.
- Washington Depot: For such a small town there is a wonderful bookstore that is worth visiting and a very cute boutique called Newbury Place
- Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana: This local pizza place in New Haven has been called “one of the best”. It is definitely worth a stop if you are in the area
- Yale University: This campus is beautiful and although parts of it can only be accessed by students it was still fun to walk around and admire the history and beautiful architecture.
2 thoughts on “Visiting Stars Hollow, CT”