I have a major love of coffee and all things coffee related. Obsession might be a better word, but love sounds like it is less of an issue so I’ll go with that….
One of my July Goals was to stop going on coffee runs whether it be to Starbucks, a local coffee shop, or the coffee bar at Whole Foods. It wasn’t an every day habit but it would definitely happen 2-3 times a week. Not only do I probably not need to be drinking that much coffee but it definitely gets expensive. So I decided to give it up for this month and hope that it will stick and I can cut back on my coffee runs over all.
To be clear, I gave up coffee runs, NOT coffee consumption. Cause that will never happen… until I’m pregnant which honestly some days makes me rethink wanting children. Just kidding. Kind of.Anyway, I new cutting back on coffee runs would be a good goal for me to help save money and also to put our at home coffee bar to good use. Shortly after getting married we set up a small hutch in the dining room to create some extra storage space. While it does store all of our cookbooks it is mostly our little coffee station complete with a coffee maker, espresso machine, French press, etc.
I love mixing up different coffee drinks both hot and cold and now that I can’t go out for coffee I am trying out all kinds of drinks and recipes. Since my coffee addiction (there, I admitted it) isn’t going to die down anytime soon we always have the basics on hand. Its so nice to not have to leave for a delicious coffee drink on weekend mornings. I can get my coffee fix without even changing out of my pajamas.
In Our Coffee Bar
- Coffee Maker
- Espresso Machine (ours is failing and we are desperate to get a new one)
- French Press
- Variety of whole bean and ground coffee
- Vanilla Extract
- Milk/Cream/Sweetened Condensed Milk (always on hand and in the fridge of course)
- Salted Caramel Sauce
I would definitely say it is one of my favorite parts of the house and something we use daily (sometimes more). Below I have linked some of the items we have used to create our coffee bar along with a few others to help build your own!
- Coffee Carts/Hutches: 2 Door Hutch, 2 Door Cabinet w Shelves, Wooden Bar Cart, Gold Bar Cart
- Coffee/Espresso Makers: Keurig, Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Brewer, Breville Espresso Machine, Nespresso Evoluo, Bodum French Press
- Coffee Mugs: Standard White, Cappuccino Mug, Espresso Cups
- Cream & Sugar Containers: Sugar Bowl, Creamer
- Favorite Coffee/Espresso: Stumptown, Intelligentsia, Allegro, and Illy