This time of the year everyone is obsessed with “pumpkin spice everything”. Except for me. To be honest I really don’t care for pumpkin spice flavored treats. Nope, not even a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. I love my real pumpkin treats though, like pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie, those I can’t get enough of. But pumpkin spice just isn’t my thing.
My drink of choice this fall? A Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks. It is so good and is my definition of “fall in a cup”. While I could definitely drink one everyday I don’t think my wallet would be too happy with me, so last year I created my own version to enjoy at home on those brisk fall days.I like to enjoy mine in my comfiest sweater, curled up with a blanket on the couch (possibly with some pumpkin bread in hand). I like to maximize all things fall 🙂
If you haven’t tried the Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice yet, go get one now. And then when you are hooked like me you can try this recipe at home!
- 1/2 Gallon Apple Cider (or Apple Juice)
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 8 oz. Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- Caramel Sauce
- Add cider (or juice) to a medium sauce pot with the cinnamon and heat on medium-low until it has reached a desired drinking temperature.
- While heating, whip the heavy whipping cream, dash of cinnamon, and tsp. of vanilla until fluffy and holds peaks.
- Once the liquid is warm, pour into individual glasses.
- Top with the whipped cream and drizzle generously with caramel sauce (or you can stir the caramel sauce into your cider before topping).
- Enjoy and slip into a cozy fall coma 🙂
- You can also garnish with fresh cinnamon sticks, a dash of cinnamon, or cinnamon apple chips (my favorite!). And if you are feeling super indulgent, steam a little bit of milk or heavy cream to add an extra splash of creaminess to your drink!