“I live in two worlds. One is a world of books…” -Rory Gilmore (Gilmore Girls)
Growing up I was a MAJOR book worm. I honestly preferred reading over most activities as I was pretty introverted and enjoyed the time to myself. I still love reading and try my best to read often but I no longer have the luxury of time that I used to. However, over the years I have read many books of different genres from which stories, characters and lessons have stuck with me. I love the feeling of immersing myself in a different world or learning about something new.
Today I am sharing my 10 favorite books of all time (in no particular order). These books span different reading levels, genres and some I have read more than once. I hope a few of these will resonate with you the way they have for me.
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- Wild Trees by Richard Preston
- My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
- The Enough Moment by Don Cheadle & John Prendergast
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Into the Wild by John Krakauer
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling
- The Golden Spruce by John Vaillant
- Into Thin Air by John Krakauer
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Have you read any of these? What are some of your favorite books of all time?