One of my January Goals was to establish a new fitness routine as I got off track towards the end of 2016. The hardest part of working out is getting to the gym every morning. Once I am there I love it, but the process of getting ready and getting out the door is always a struggle.
Being prepared always makes getting there a bit easier so I keep my gym bag packed and ready to go. Knowing that I will have everything I need to get through any workout helps me stay motivated and on track.
- Headphones: I usually don’t watch or listen to anything while I am working out but occasionally I need a distraction to help me get through and extra long run or bike ride.
- Hair ties: I carry extra at all times so if one breaks I have backup. There is no way I could workout without my hair pulled back and secured.
- Gloves/Hat: Even in warmer months I keep running gloves and my ear warmer in my bag. My ears almost always get cold on morning runs so I like to have them on hand just in case.
- Face Care: I keep face wipes, face wash and moisturizer in my bag at all times. Even though I usually head straight home after a workout there are times where I make a quick stop at the store or for breakfast/coffee so I like to freshen up first.
- Klean Kanteen: Is it stilly to have a favorite water bottle? Well even if it is, this is mine. It is the perfect size for a trip to the gym, isn’t too bulky and keeps my water cold while I work out.
- Shoes: Finding the right shoes can make a huge difference! I have been running in Saucony Kinvara’s for 5 years and I love them!
- Bag: The bag I use has plenty of room for all of my gym necessities, plus it has a spot in the back that my yoga mat slides into.